GRAMMY®-nominated artist Tori Kelly honors her gospel roots on the new R&B infused project, Hiding Place, which was released today by Capitol Records. Produced by 12-time GRAMMY® Award winner Kirk Franklin and available everywhere, the collection features guest artistsLecrae, Jonathan McReynolds and The Hamiltones, official background vocalists for GRAMMY winner Anthony Hamilton.
Tori will be joined by Kirk Franklin in her first-ever Dove Awards performance. The 49th Annual GMA Dove Awards will be held October 16 in Nashville and air on TBN on Sunday, October 21.
Tickets go on sale today at www.torikellymusic.com for Tori’s Hiding Place tour, which will kick off on October 18 at The Tabernacle in Atlanta, GA. In addition to playing such venues as Warner Theatre in Washington DC (October 28) and Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium (November 8), the North American headline run will bring Tori and her band to several historic houses of worship, including New York City’s Riverside Church (October 30) and the Cathedral Sanctuary at Immanuel Presbyterian Church in Los Angeles (November 16 & 17). See below for itinerary.
Today, Tori shared the video for “Just As Sure,” her soulful duet with chart-topping gospel star Jonathan McReynolds. The clip is the latest in a series of black and white videos directed by Nic Stanich that capture Tori and her collaborators performing songs from Hiding Place.
Lead single “Never Alone” debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s Gospel Digital Song Sales chart and combined streams now exceed three million. Half of the songs on Hiding Place were penned byFranklin alone while the remaining tracks came from a collaboration between the two artists – the first time that Franklin had ever co-written in his decades-long career.
Kirk Franklin recalls, “It blew me away that she wanted us to co-write, because she’s a phenomenal songwriter and could’ve easily done it herself.”
“With gospel music, you can’t sing without all your heart being in it,” says Tori Kelly. “This album was an opportunity to do what I felt and never hold back. I could just be free and let the song take me over.”
The passion project follows Tori’s 2015 debut album Unbreakable Smile, which landed her on “Artist to Watch” lists from the likes of Rolling Stone. It entered the Billboard 200 at No. 2 and contained the Gold-certified singles “Nobody Love,” “Should’ve Been Us” and “Hollow.”Unbreakable Smile has racked up more than one billion cumulative streams worldwide and sold 1.3 million adjusted albums. Following its release, Tori was nominated for a GRAMMY in the Best New Artist category and received the Billboard Women in Music Breakthrough Artist award.
Hiding Place – Track Listing
- 1. Masterpiece (feat. Lecrae)
- 2. Help Us To Love (feat. The Hamiltones)
- 3. Sunday
- 4. Just As Sure (feat. Jonathan McReynolds)
- 5. Psalm 42
- 6. Questions
- 7. Never Alone (feat. Kirk Franklin)
- 8. Soul’s Anthem (It Is Well)
Tori Kelly – Hiding Place Tour
- 10/18 Atlanta, GA The Tabernacle
- 10/19 Birmingham, AL Lyric Theatre
- 10/21 Charlotte, NC McGlohon Theater at Spirit Square
- 10/22 Durham, NC Carolina Theatre
- 10/25 Munhall, PA Carnegie Music Hall of Homestead
- 10/27 Philadelphia, PA Temple Performing Arts Center
- 10/28 Washington, DC Warner Theatre
- 10/30 New York, NY Riverside Church
- 11/1 Detroit, MI Masonic Temple Theatre
- 11/2 Grand Rapids, MI Fountain Street Church
- 11/5 Chicago, IL Fourth Presbyterian Church
- 11/6 Chicago, IL Fourth Presbyterian Church
- 11/8 Nashville, TN Ryman Auditorium
- 11/11 Dallas, TX Majestic Theater
- 11/12 Austin, TX Paramount Theatre
- 11/13 Houston, TX Wortham Center Cullen Theater
- 11/16 Los Angeles, CA The Cathedral Sanctuary at Immanuel Presbyterian Church
- 11/17 Los Angeles, CA The Cathedral Sanctuary at Immanuel Presbyterian Church
- 11/19 San Francisco, CA Herbst Theater