August 17, 2018 — Hollywood, CA — Today, Cold War Kids unveil two official remixes of their single “Can We Hang On?” Get them HERE via Capitol Records.
As part of the package, OneRepublic’s Brent Kutzle contributed a remix featuring vocals by Alisa Xayalith of The Naked and Famous. For his take on “Can We Hang On?”, Kutzle dramatically expanded the sonic palette, while Xayalith added another dimension with a hypnotic harmony and heartfelt hook. Meanwhile, Parson Brown also remixed the single, incorporating his distinct sonic signatures.
The original “Can We Hang On?” remains a staple of the group’s sixth album, L.A. Divine, which arrived last year to widespread critical applause.
Right now, the band continues its 2018 North American tour in between stops at Bumbershoot, Life Is Beautiful, and more. Check out the full itinerary below. Be on the lookout for more from Cold War Kids soon.
Cold War Kids – North American Tour Dates
- 8/25 Canal Winchester, OH @ Brewdog Brewing Company
- 9/1 Bend, OR @ Oregon Spirit Distillers
- 9/2 Seattle, WA @ Bumbershoot
- 9/4 Boise, ID @ Knitting Factory Concert House
- 9/5 Missoula, MT @ Wilma Theatre
- 9/7 Calgary, AB @ MacEwan Hall
- 9/8 Edmonton, AB @ Sonic Field Day
- 9/9 Vancouver, BC @ SKOOKUM Festival
- 9/21-22 Las Vegas, NV @ Life Is Beautiful Festival
- 9/27 Berkeley, CA @ Hearst Greek Theatre
- 11/4 Costa Mesa, CA @ Big Adventure Festival
- 11/10-11 Tucson, AZ @ Dusk Music Festival
Cold War Kids are Nathan Willett, Matt Maust, Joe Plummer, Matthew Schwartz, and David Quon. Formed in 2004 in Fullerton, CA, the band has sold more than 800,000 adjusted albums, over two million singles, and racked up over 200 million streams to date. Released in April 2017, L.A. Divine has sold over 100,000 adjusted albums globally and racked up more than 100 million streams.