RISE AGAINST’S THE GHOST NOTE SYMPHONIES, VOL. 1 IS OUT TODAY
Today, Rise Against released The Ghost Note Symphonies, Vol. 1 (Virgin Records), which features reimagined versions of standout songs from the band’s discography – including “Faint Resemblance” from Rise Against’s 2001 debut album, The Unraveling, “Audience of One” and the Platinum hit “Savior” from 2008’s Appeal to Reason, and several songs from the 2017 album Wolves, which debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s Alternative, Top Rock and Hard Rock Albums charts. The Ghost Note Symphonies, Vol. 1 is available HERE in digital, CD and vinyl formats.
The band will kick off the Mourning in Amerika tour tomorrow, July 28, with a concert at RBC Echo Beach in Toronto. Rise Against will be joined by special guests AFI and Anti-Flag on the North American run, which includes shows at Coney Island Amphitheatre in Brooklyn (August 1), Red Rocks Amphitheatre outside Denver (September 15) and Five Point Amphitheatre in Irvine (September 30). See below for itinerary and visit http://www.riseagainst.com for ticket information.Rise Against will headline 77 Festival in Montreal tonight.
When The Ghost Note Symphonies, Vol. 1 was announced, Kerrang! predicted, “This will be amazing” and praised the stripped-down version of “House On Fire” as “gorgeous.” In the lead-up to the album’s release, Rise Against released visualizers for the newly recorded versions of “House On Fire,” “Like The Angel” and “Voices Off Camera.” Today, the visualizer for “Miracle” – a song that originally appeared on Wolves – was revealed. View the clip HERE.
For The Ghost Note Symphonies, Vol. 1, Rise Against met up with Bill Stevenson and Jason Livermore at the Blasting Room in Fort Collins CO, where they had recorded several previous albums with the producers. The band members – Tim McIlrath (lead vocals/rhythm guitar), Joe Principe (bass), Zach Blair (lead guitar) and Brandon Barnes (drums) – and producers were united in their determination to take a fresh approach to the material.
“These are the songs that made us who we are. Doing a stripped-down version shines a little more of a spotlight on them,” says Tim McIlrath. “We asked ourselves questions like, ‘How can we reimagine this so that we’re not just playing the same song on acoustic guitars? What if we got a different instrument to play this part?’” The band was joined by musicians on a variety of instruments not typically heard on a Rise Against album, including violin, viola, stand-up bass, and ukulele.
Whereabouts Unknown, a new 12” x 9” hardcover book created by photographer/ filmmaker Rob Fenn and the band, documents Rise Against’s legacy as a powerhouse live act that has kept its moral compass steady, using their international punk platform to speak out for social justice. Fenn chased the band all over the world, capturing the raw energy of Rise Against and their fans.
In addition to taking a look back at its history, Rise Against is forging forward, recording new material. The band recently released the 7” single “Megaphone” backed with “Broadcast [Signal] Frequency.” The video for “Megaphone,” which can be seen HERE, was created in collaboration with the activist art collective Indecline.
Track Listing – The Ghost Note Symphonies, Vol. 1
(Albums that the original versions appeared on are noted in parentheses.)
- 1 The Violence (Wolves)
- 2 Audience Of One (Appeal to Reason)
- 3 Faint Resemblance (The Unraveling)
- 4 House On Fire (Wolves)
- 5 Like The Angel (Revolutions per Minute)
- 6 Miracle (Wolves)
- 7 Savior (Appeal to Reason)
- 8 Wait For Me (Endgame)
- 9 Far From Perfect (Wolves)
- 10 Voices Off Camera (Revolutions per Minute)
Rise Against – 2018 Tour Dates
- 07.27 | Montreal, QC | 77 Festival
- 08.10 | Rouyn-Noranda, QC | Osisko En Lumière
MOURNING IN AMERIKA TOUR w/ AFI and Anti-Flag
- 07.28 | Toronto, ON | RBC Echo Beach
- 07.29 | Portland, ME | State Theatre
- 07.31 | Worcester, MA | The Palladium
- 08.01 | Brooklyn, NY | Ford Amphitheatre at Coney Island
- 08.03 | Uncasville, CT | Mohegan Sun Arena
- 08.04 | Philadelphia, PA | Festival Pier at Penn’s Landing
- 08.05 | Asbury Park, NJ | The Stone Pony Summer Stage
- 08.07 | Raleigh, NC | Red Hat Amphitheater
- 08.09 | Niagara Falls, NY | Rapids Theatre
- 09.06 | Minneapolis, MN | Armory
- 09.09 | Nashville, TN | Marathon Music Works
- 09.11 | Austin, TX | Stubb’s BBQ
- 09.12 | Houston, TX | Revention Music Center
- 09.13 | Irving, TX | The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory
- 09.15 | Morrison, CO | Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- 09.16 | Salt Lake City, UT | The Complex
- 09.17 | Garden City, ID | Revolution Concert House
- 09.19 | Bozeman, MT | Brick Breeden Fieldhouse
- 09.20 | Calgary, AB | Grey Eagle Event Centre
- 09.21 | Edmonton, AB | Edmonton Expo Centre
- 09.23 | Vancouver, BC | PNE Forum
- 09.24 | Seattle, WA | WaMu Theater
- 09.25 | Portland, OR | Crystal Ballroom
- 09.28 | Concord, CA | Concord Pavilion
- 09.29 | Santa Barbara, CA | Santa Barbara Bowl
- 09.30 | Irvine, CA | Five Point Amphitheatre